Below’s a quick check list of what to bring to a typical office cubical job interview. There’s other specific needs depending on the profession (such as design, etc.), which will not be included in here, as it is a generic list.
- Business cards – even if you are a student
- 3x extra copies of your:
- Cover letter
- Transcript – if you are a new grad
- A small notebook
- Space where you can take notes during the interview
- List of questions you want to ask the interviewees and leave space to take some notes
- Before the interview, you can write down brief notes on the employer, interviewees, or other important information you may need to recall
- A pen (check to make sure it works)
- Map to the interview location (if its not on your phone)
- Watch to tell the time in a subtle manner (avoid the use of a cell phone during the interview, as its too obvious)
- Other items the employer asked for (work sample, etc.)
- Do not bring anything that is not useful during the interview. This isn’t a fieldtrip.
Something missing from this list? Contact us or leave a comment.